ACRE by Mission Workshop's Altosphere Collection
Protection Without Compromise
September 28, 2022
With the Altosphere, ACRE set out to make the lightest and most advanced 2-layer cycling shell possible. Designed for high-output activities, the shell utilizes an ultralight stretch textile with a waterproof membrane and features un-taped seams for freedom of movement and increased air permeability.
The main body fabric is comprised of Zero Wind® by Pidigi. With 70 years of continual research and fabric innovation, Pidigi is a powerhouse, and the Italian-made Zero Wind® fabric is nearly perfect. Coming in at an absurdly light 53 gm/m2, this two-layer fabric is a formidable barrier against wind and rain. The smart membrane is both waterproof and hydrophilic so that sweat wicks away from the body but outside water is repelled, and the more intense the physical activity, the more breathable the membrane becomes. For improved water resistance, the shell is treated with BIO-WR Technology which is a non-fluorinated ecological DWR water and soil repellent.
The Altosphere features a YKK two-way front zip for ventilation, rear pocket with reflective details, and a soft interior collar that is cut higher for extra wind protection. Additionally, the shell packs into its own back pocket for easy stowage and can be attached to a bike frame or seat bag with an integrated elastic lash cord.
- Lightweight, Breathable, Windproof
- Waterproof/hydrophilic PU membrane
- Water column rating of 10,000 mm
- C6 DWR Water repellent
- Elastic stretch
- Two-way front zip
- Soft high collar for wind protection
- Packs into rear pocket
- Can connect to the bike frame or bag
- Reflective detailing on the back
- Un-taped seams for mobility and breathability
- Made in Italy
- Jacket Product Page | Vest Product Page | Assets
- Affiliate Partners: Avantlink/ Skimlinks /Viglink
Outer shell: 100% PES with C6 DWR2nd Layer: Waterproof & hydrophilic PU membrane
- Jacket: .1 KG / .22 pounds 4OZ
- Vest: .18 pound / 3oz / .08KG
- MSRP: $220 (Jacket), $160 (Vest)